WHAT KIND OF COACH WILL YOU BE??
A great youth sports coach is unselfish, wants to win-but doesn't need to win, and delivers a positive youth sports experience that the players will remember. Youth athletes will not always remember the mistakes, the plays or the hard work of the season - but they'll always remember the way their coach made them feel.
CORE 5 Flag Football vs. Other Leagues: You don't need to be a pro at coaching football. We get you started from the basics by providing you all the resources.
When you coach with CORE 5 Flag Football you get a $25 value for FREE!!
FLAG Coaching Certification Course
3D Animated Drills Library
FLAG Film Room
Health & Safety Content
1. Coaches are typically volunteer parents or family members helping the players learn and enjoy the game.
2. The coach is responsible for all aspects of directing the teams practice skills training and play in games.
3. Each team will have 5-10 players.
4. Coach Responsibilities Include But Not Limited To:
- Teach Flag Football through effectively planned practices at a level appropriate for each member of the team.
- Be organized when it comes to both practices and games.
- Attend team skills training once a week and assist with directing drills.
- Encourage parent involvement and coordinate their assistance.
- Provide a safe and enjoyable environment for all players, giving each child an opportunity to participate.
- Communicate with CORE 5 Flag Football on all matters of policy.
- Serve as a positive role model to players, parents, officials, and fellow coaches by following all rules, demonstrating good sportsmanship.
- Communicate good health and fitness principles and positive character development concepts to players and parents.
5. In order to ensure that the children who play in our league receive the highest quality experience, we have the responsibility to select the most qualified individuals. We will be asking that every Head Coach complete the following:
6. Background Check / Screening (Valid for 2 Calendar Years)
7. NFL Flag – Level 1 Coach Certification (Valid for as long as you coach with
CORE 5 Flag Football)
8. Concussion Training & Certification (Valid for as long as you coach with CORE 5 Flag Football)
9. Coaches are allowed on the field to direct players ONLY in the 5-6 & 7-9 age divisions. ONLY (1) coach may be on the field at a time. 10-12 & 13-15 age divisions, NO coach is allowed on the field...ONLY on the sidelines.
10. Coaches are to adhere to CORE 5 Flag Football philosophies, coaching guidelines and codes of conduct.